Near the end of each month, we’re going to make a post on our blog recommending some great upcoming shows around the Valley! For a full list of all the awesome stuff happening next month, be sure to visit SilverPlatter.info!
- August 2 – Valley Fever’s Rooster Club featuring Flathead and Barefoot and Pregnant at the Yucca Tap Room
Yep, showtime is 6AM. Join Valley Fever as they celebrate the 5 year anniversary of the repeal of AZ’s blue laws! Featuring live music from FLATHEAD and BAREFOOT & PREGNANT. With a bloody mary bar and breakfast. FREE
- August 8 & 9 – Lucinda Williams at the MIM and Crescent Ballroom
It’s always a special and worthwhile occasion to see the legendary Lucinda Williams perform live. Here’s a rare chance to see her twice in town at two separate and very different locations. These will both sell out.
- August 19 – Metz at Crescent Ballroom
This powerhouse trio on SubPop throws down the blunt force thrills!
- August 2 – Unknown Mortal Orchestra at Crescent Ballroom
Ok! I know this was one of my July picks! I just didn’t want you to miss it. So, consider this a reminder.
- August 13 – La Luz at Valley Bar
Rolling in after the release of their second album of dreamy surfy chilled out rock, I’m sure they’ll have a great variety of tunes to shape up an interesting night of music. This will be my first time seeing them and I’m happy that it’ll be at the Valley Bar. It seems to be the perfect place for eclectic bands and attentive audiences.
- August 14 – Circuit Des Yeux at Valley Bar with Marisa Anderson and Lonna Kelley
If you’re looking for a show to let yourself get lost in, this would be a sure bet. Circuit Des Yeux’s music is as beautiful and heavy as it is gripping and challenging. With touring support from Marisa Anderson and local support from Lonna Kelley, you will no doubt get your money’s worth. Oh wait, this show is absolutely FREE!
- August 2 – Unknown Mortal Orchestra at Crescent Ballroom with Vinyl Williams
I try not to miss any opportunity to see UMO in Arizona! These dudes always put on a great show, and I’m excited to see how they pull off some of the new album material that sounds pretty different from their older stuff. Saw Vinyl Williams a couple years ago in Santa Monica and I’m excited to see them again too!
- August 13 – Hibou at The Rebel Lounge with Bear State
Hibou is a really rad dreamy pop band from Seattle – I had the pleasure of opening for them a couple years ago at Lost Leaf and I’m really rad to see them this time at Rebel with the always impressive Bear State!
- August 22 – Celebration Guns at Valley Bar with Saddles
Celebration Guns and Saddles are two of my favorite local bands I’ve been following for a while – looking forward to seeing them together and finally trying out the new kitchen at Valley Bar!